Friday, November 8, 2013

I Love To Dig

I love to dig. I really love to dig.

And I love to do it outside and inside.

If Daddy is outside, he lets me go to town. I get down and dirty in the mud or dirt and then Mommy has a fit when I come in, if she is around. Daddy and I have been able to clean me up quick and slip past her on more than one occasion.

In the summer I love to check out what is in the garden. I am small enough to jump from pot to pot and dig just a little, and maybe even grab a cherry tomato! Mommy does not like that either. But I have seen her laugh a few times so it must be okay!

In the winter I dig in the snow. Daddy clears a path from me to go to the bathroom, but I love to jump on top of the snow, away from the path, and dig in it. I love to jump on top of the snow and fall in it. I come in the house soaking wet. Mommy wraps me up in a big fluffy towel.

I dig on the couch. The couches are old so it is okay. But Mommy and Daddy put a blanket down on my favorite couch for digging. So I am really digging on the blanket. I dig as Mommy says "Like he is trying to dig a hole to China" You can hear the scraping of the fabric as I dig dig dig. My nails are not that sharp though so nothing rips. But once I get into dig mode, it is very hard to get my attention. I hear my name called several times. Why don't Mommy and Daddy understand that I have to get this digging done? It is important and necessary work!

I dig on the big bed too.

And I have my own little blue fuzzy bed with a dogs head that I dig in.

I did on the computer chair. Which I like to jump up on it brings me up higher and closer to Mommy and Daddy. Especially when they come in the side door because that is where the computer an computer chair are. I run in circles and dig until they notice me. But sometimes I dig for the heck of it.

I dig when I am mad. I mostly get mad when Mommy and Daddy do not understand what I want, when I want to play and they are done for the day, and when I am trying to get their attention. When I am doing mad digging, I am usually almost doing a headstand and digging because I am doing it so furiously. Or I am completely on my side digging in the air, sometimes catching the fabric of the couch or bed.

I dig when I am tired. I try my best to tell Mommy and Daddy that I have had enough and have to get in the big bed and sleep but they get busy. So I drag out my blue bed and I start digging in it. I usually hear something to the effect of "Boy he is really tired"

Mommy said I should see a doggie psychiatrist.

But plain and simple, I like to dig! You dig?


Looks like me in the snow. This dog gets it!


If this poodle was black, it would be me in the yard!



No comments:

Post a Comment